Each Leadership Development Academy of Rock County participant works with a small group of their fellow class members to plan and execute a collaborative project that addresses a community need. These projects and their results are presented each May and serve as the program's capstone experience.
Diversity Action Team
Forward Janesville’s Leadership Development Academy has encouraged its attendees to participate in a collaborative project that answers the question “How Would We Change Janesville.” Our group of five has talked extensively and have chose to help make a difference in Rock County’s diversity awareness .
In May we will present to key business leaders, LDA alumni and fellow students. During this presentation we will focus on the following areas:
Overview of Community Diversity
- Census of Rock County and forecasted population growth
- Provide an overview of issues facing Janesville relating to diversity
- List resources available to residents of Rock County
- Explain actions already taken by DAT and community organizations/businesses to raise diversity awareness
Group’s Immediate Focus
- Take part in study circles, arranged by DAT
- Look into and coordinate study circles in the business sector, targeting large businesses.
- Representative to join the Forward Janesville’s LDA curriculum board to share ideas and drive more diversity training.
Diversity Ideas to create in Rock County
- Mural – Art Project
- Awareness/Advertising/PR Campaign
- Elementary/Middle School Diversity Training
- Creation of Part Time Coordinator Position
- Educational Opportunities Partnered with Forward Janesville