Each Leadership Development Academy of Rock County participant works with a small group of their fellow class members to plan and execute a collaborative project that addresses a community need. These projects and their results are presented each May and serve as the program's capstone experience.
A project to explore the creation of a Janesville Children’s Museum.
- Formed a steering committee of local business and city leaders that included our LDA small group members
- Obtained 501(c)3 status as Janesville Museum, Inc.
- Received financial support from several local foundations
- Hired a museum consultant from Chicago to help us with engaging the community with focus groups, determining size of museum, location, and focus.
- Still doing research by visiting children’s museums around the country when traveling on business or personal vacations.
- Intent to stay with the plan to build a $3M+ facility that would be a joint public and private project with the emphasis on children ages birth – 11.